My hair aren't growing back.

Patient

Q: I'm a 17 year old girl.
Last year in June, I went through a traumatic experience which caused me to become depressed and I was barely eating. I spent the whole summer like this and in September my friends commented on my dramatic weightloss. I went on like this till the end of October when I suddenly started losing lots of hair. I didn't think anything of it because I had really thick hair and I assumed it was just a phase. it went on for two months until I realised something was very wrong and my hair were beginning to get thinner. In January I tried to eat right and I took supplements and oiled my hair. But at the same time I was still depressed and I was also stressed out because I had major exams coming up. The excessive hair loss did slow down by March/May, and now I lose only around 15-20 hairs a day. But the problem is, I was hoping to some regrowth by now but I haven't seen any. There was an over all thinning of my scalp and most of the thinning is on top of my scalp behind the hair line. I look at it everyday hoping to see new growth sprouting but there's nothing. Please help me. I'm beginning to lose hope. And it's depressing me ever more.
Sometimes I feel a slight tingling in my scalp and i feel it a bit more often nowadays. I don't understand what it is.
I did have a dandruff problem but after oiling my hair with coconut oil it went away but I still feel the tingling though.
I'm assuming this is Telogen Effluvium because of the symptoms and all of the hair I lost were telogen hairs (they had a keratin bulb at the end).
Why is there no new growth? Nothing is growing back.

Symptoms:  Hair loss
Fallen hairs have keratin bulbs
Doctor