My heart is constantly racing and I have been sent

Q: My heart is constantly racing and I have been sent for Mri scan and they suggest rvot

Welcome to ATD. Thank you for the query.

Right ventricular outflow tract (RVOT) tachycardia is a form of monomorphic VT originating from the outflow tract of the right ventricle or occasionally from the tricuspid annulus.
Initiation of the tachycardia depends on a critical heart rate that differs in each patient. The VT may be initiated during exercise or recovery. ECG and echocardiogram in sinus rhythm are usually normal, as is coronary angiography. MRI may show abnormalities of the RV in up to 70% of patients, including focal thinning, diminished systolic wall thickening, and abnormal wall motion.
Acute termination of RVOT VT can be achieved by vagal maneuver or intravenous administration of adenosine, 6 mg, which can be titrated up to 24 mg as needed.

Here are steps you can take to decrease your chances of racing heart:

Keep a log of your activities, as well as the foods and beverages you eat. Note incidents of heart palpitations. Try to identify your triggers and avoid them.
If you are anxious or stressed, try relaxation exercises, deep breathing, yoga, tai chi, etc.
Limit or stop your intake of alcohol and caffeine.
Don’t smoke or use tobacco products.
Exercise regularly.
Stick to a healthy diet and try to keep blood pressure and cholesterol levels under control.

Hope this helps.Take care.