My husband accidentally hit his throat while trying to push a tractor

Patient

Q: My husband accidentally hit his throat while trying to push the tractor out of the sand. He immediately felt like he choked himself and had alight trouble breathing. He is breathing fine now (about 6 hours later) but it is sensitive to the touch, hurts to swallow, and talk. Most of the pain is to the left of the Adams apple. Slight swelling on that side.

Doctor

There could be chances that he may have developed a haematoma or a swelling internally due to trauma and sudden internal bleeding. It will generally present with pain, difficulty in swallowing and breathing problems. It immediately needs to be compressed if present. Hence, it is recommended that you see an ENT specialist at the earliest and get it evaluated. In case of a small collection, it will settle by itself. A course of analgesics and antibiotics may be needed to prevent pain and infection.

Hope this helped.