Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My husband, age 30 has been suffering from allergy problem

My husband, age 30 has been suffering from allergy problem

Patient: My husband, age 30 has been suffering from allergy problem since long back. whenever he eats mutton, chicken, egg or any kind of fried food not immediately but after some hours he starts sneezing like anything which leads to breathing problem and chest infection most of the time. To get rid of this for the time being he is given either plain montelukus or montelukus with levocetrizen. it gets stopped but makes him doz for the next 24 hours. most of the time he gets tonsil problem and feels feverish. This problem has made him quite frustrated. we have tried many means but no cure is seen yet. plz help us to find a way out.

Symptoms: Sneezing, coughing and running nose.

Doctor: HelloThanks for the query, we understand your concern.It looks like your husband is most probably allergic to ani mal protein, this is often seen in many of my patients. I strongly recommend you to avoid animal meat to avoid an allergic reaction. I have observed my patients who are allergic to animal meat are able to tolerate sea food. I recommend that same to you.Known side effect of anti-allergic medication is drowsiness. Levocetrizine is the one that causes the least drowsiness alternatively your husband could try Fexofenadine ( Requires prescription).I hope I was of help, I have given a briefing of the condition and treatment, please get back to me if you have any further queriesRegards