My husband and I are planning on trying to conceive

Patient : My husband and I are planning on trying to conceive in August. I'm wondering when I should make a preconception appointment with my OB\GYN?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query, If you have been contemplating pregnancy in near future then ideally you should visit y our physician 3 months prior to your planning, so that an initial exam can be conducted and you can be placed suitably on folic acid tablets daily before conception which can reduce any likely chances ( if at all) of congenital anomalies in the foetus as a preventive measure. All blood tests can be performed and a basal level of blood sugar, heat and coagulation study tests can be documented beforehand. So, it is suggested that you visit your physician by MAY 2015. I hope I have answered your query in detail, wishing you good health, regards