Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 years

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 years

Patient: My husband and I have been trying to conceive for almost 2 years. I work in a screen printing shop. Can the screen printing fumes be preventing pregnancy?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.According to a few studies repeated exposure to screen printi ng fumes may lead to reproductive system damage and miscarriages etc.So, to confirm normal reproductive function and to find out the possible cause of your infertility, it is better to get evaluated.By clinical examination and investigations like ultrasound, hysterosalpingography etc, the possible cause of your problem can be identified and management can be planned accordingly.Take care.