Patient :Hello my name is tamiko and i think that i have ptls my husband and i want to have a baby but my tubes are tied and i was never informed that i could end up with ptls could you lead me in the right direction please
Symptoms: Symptoms of Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome:
1. Eptopic pregnancy or pregnancy (well known risk of tubals)
2. Hot flashes, flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes,
clammy feeling, chills
3. Bouts of rapid heart beat
5. Mood swings, sudden tears
6. Trouble sleeping through the night (with or without night sweats)
7. Irregular periods; shorter, lighter periods; heavier periods, flooding;
phantom periods, shorter cycles, longer cycles
8. Loss of libido
9. Dry vagina
10. Itchy vagina-at time raw like, can radiated from whole area, with
absence of yeast infections.
11. Color change in vaginal area. (color gets darker -darker red to purple)
12. Crashing fatigue - Chronic Fatigue
13. Anxiety, feeling ill at ease
14. Feelings of dread, apprehension, doom
15. Difficulty concentrating, disorientation, mental confusion
16. Disturbing memory lapses
17. Incontinence, especially upon sneezing, laughing; urge incontinence
18. Prolapse of uterus do to rapid decrease in estrogen levels.
19. Itchy, crawly skin
20. Aching, sore joints, muscles and tendons
21. Increased tension in muscles
22. Breast tenderness
23. Decrease in breast mass
24. Headache change: increase or decrease
25. Gastrointestinal distress, indigestion, flatulence, gas pain, nausea
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
26. Sudden bouts of bloat
28. Exacerbation of existing conditions
29. Allergies developing or increasing - (Chronic sinusitis).
30 Nasal infections-necessitating antibiotics
31. Weight gain
32. Hair loss or thinning, head, pubic, or whole body; increase in facial hair
33. Dizziness, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance
34. Changes in body odor
35. Electric shock or stabbing sensation under the skin.
36. Tingling in the extremities,
37. Gum problems, increased bleeding
38. Burning tongue, burning roof of mouth, bad taste in mouth, change in
39. Osteoporosis (after several years )
40. Changes in fingernails: softer, crack or break easier
41. Stabbing pains in pelvic area at time of ovulation
42. Pelvic Pain
43. Development of Adenomyosis
44. Development of Ovarian/Tubal Cysts
45. Decreased Lactation Ability
Thanks for the query.
I understand your concern.
Post tubal ligation syndrome with psychological and physical disturbances can be seen in some women after sterilization surgery.
You need treatment according to the symptoms you are having.
As now you want to plan for baby, you need to get evaluated regarding your ovulatory function, uterine status etc.
If you are having enough ovarian reserve, regular ovulation and normal uterine cavity and function, then the possible options to you are tubal recanalization or artificial reproductive methods.
Tubal recanalization surgery is having around 30 to 40% success rate, that too depends on factors like length of the remaining tube, method used to ligate the tubes etc.
If tubal recanalization is not possible, you may have to choose artificial reproductive methods.
So, please do consult your doctor and discuss about your problems and take treatment for your symptoms then possibly he will refer you to expert in tubal recanalization.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.