Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My husband deceived physicians in Canada, telling them that I

My husband deceived physicians in Canada, telling them that I

Patient: My husband deceived physicians in Canada, telling them that I am mental pt,physicians admitted me in hospital, then he told doctor to prescribe me antipsychotic s lifelondg,They didn’t listen me and gave me antipsychotic s.Now my question is that What should I do?I am a dr myself from Asian country. Can I do residency in Canada with this past medical history? Please tell me how I prove that I nevervhad any problem.

Doctor: Thank you for your question.Past medical history does not determine your fitness to practice in Canada. Your fitness to practice is determined by your ability to pass local examinations and interviews.If your current health status does not effect your ability to practice medicine, then there will be no concerns other than academic in your attempt to get licensed in Canada.I hope this was able to ease your worried.All the best.