My husband had too much to drink tonight He was

Patient

Q: My husband had too much to drink tonight. He was incoherent when he came to bed, couldn't stand still, and kept repeating things like my name and "Help me."

I tried to get him to sip water. He said he felt sick, so I helped him into the bathroom. He closed the door behind him so I thought he was ok, but then he fell into the shower. I don't know if he hit his head- I felt the back of his head and there was a small bump, but i don't know if it is because of the fall. Afterwards, he said his head hurt, but that it hurt before he went to the bathroom.

He is now sleeping on his side (snoring). I don't know if I should call an ambulance to get him checked out.

Symptoms:  Disorientation (from alcohol),
Doctor

A:   Hello, Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.

See, he might be in deep sleep due to alcohol overdose, but we need to rule out any head injury that he might have had when he fell in the bathroom.
Since he was drunk, he might not have able to tell you how much hurt he got. With such a head injury, and a bump we need to rule out any evidence of Sub Dural hematoma (SDH).

Moreover, we don't know if he had done any drugs. You have two choices. First to take the risk and wait till he get up. Second is to call Ambulance and let the Paramedics evaluate him and take him to ER if required.

The first choice is risky, so if i have been at your place, I would have gone for the second option.
You should splash some water over his face and try to get him up. Call emergency and let the doctors evaluate if he requires CT scan. A clinical examination is required to be sure that he has no SDH or severe head injury.

Share my opinion with your doctor.
I hope it helps you.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
Stay Healthy.