My husband has a type 1 diabetes he is 42 years old.
Patient :My husband has a type 1 diabetes ..he is 42 years old. lately he had his regular blood percent check up and he has mild anemia, " he is lacking this 0.2 " , according to the nurse this is not because of iron. whats the reason maybe?
Thanks for your query.
Note history about your husband having Type I diabetes and mild anemia - lacking this 0.2 - nurse says this is not due to iron - wants to know the reasons.
I would like to know the detailed reports, please post the reports so that I can assist you the most.
You may please attach the report with this query
The reasons can be divided into three parts:
- Low iron in food
- Reduced absorption by the intestine
- Iron sufficient in the food and absorption but reduced assimilation by the body in concerting iron to hemoglobin.
This can be diagnosed by further investigations of Anemia typing and related investigations.
You may please give additional information:
- Is he taking sufficient Iron in food?
- Has he got any intestinal problems?
-Any other associated medical problems like that of thyroid, kidney, liver or so?
- Any bleeding problems like Hemorrhoids (piles), gastric ulcer giving black stools, epistaxis (nasal bleeding) or so?
Please give feedback so that we can discuss further.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.