My husband has an STD.

Patient : Hello doctor. I have a question here. My husband has sexually transmitted disease , im not sure which one but what can it actually do to me? Or probably to my future child.
Doctor :   Hello. Thank you for writing to ATD. If you suspect your partner to suffer from an STI, please see a Doctor and get y ourself tested to see if you have got one. A full STD panel is recommended. Your Doctor will be able to advise you regarding testing and prevention. Some are transmitted from mother to child at birth. Wish you the best.