Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My husband has had a very painful rash on one

My husband has had a very painful rash on one

Patient: My husband has had a very painful rash on one of his armpits. He has used lamisil for a month now with no improvement. We haven’t changed anything over the years… Same deodorant, laundry detergent, body wash… The lamisil hurts when he puts it on. The pain is constant and interferes with daily functions. What can we do to treat it at home? I do have pictures as well. They look like tiny red spots with a few slightly risen.

Symptoms: Painful rash on armpit

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I have seen the attached photographs.I understand your concern.As per detail s, there are following possibilities for his symptoms1) Tinea cruris- it is fungal infection of skin involving folds like armpits, groin area.In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antifungals like clotrimazole cream and tablet fluconazole / terbinafine to my patients.2)Hailey disease- it is characterised by repeated red colored rash with pus discharge or swelling involving armpits.In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin 2 percent over the affected area mixed with steroid like hydrocortisone.I will advise you to visit your doctor so that he can do clinical examination of the area and give you prescription.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy