My husband has had a very painful rash on one


Q: My husband has had a very painful rash on one of his armpits. He has used lamisil for a month now with no improvement. We haven't changed anything over the years... Same deodorant, laundry detergent, body wash... The lamisil hurts when he puts it on. The pain is constant and interferes with daily functions. What can we do to treat it at home? I do have pictures as well. They look like tiny red spots with a few slightly risen.

Symptoms:  Painful rash on armpit

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.

I have seen the attached photographs.
I understand your concern.
As per details, there are following possibilities for his symptoms
1) Tinea cruris- it is fungal infection of skin involving folds like armpits, groin area.
In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antifungals like clotrimazole cream and tablet fluconazole / terbinafine to my patients.
2)Hailey disease- it is characterised by repeated red colored rash with pus discharge or swelling involving armpits.
In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin 2 percent over the affected area mixed with steroid like hydrocortisone.
I will advise you to visit your doctor so that he can do clinical examination of the area and give you prescription.
You can share my opinion with him.

I hope it helps.
Stay healthy

Related Q&A

Q: I live remotely in Botswana. 2 weeks ago i dropped a kitchen knife on my foot. I had 4 stitches, and little pain or t...

Q: Hi i m 25 years old n me n my husband had unprotected sex on the last day of my menstrual cycle ie on 25th Jan n I ha...

Q: Hi i have a slightly low thyroid and iam on medication. i recently wanted to take a amino acid blend, which includes ...

Q: Hi, i live in guyana , about two year ago i found out i have hrdorcephalus and at that time i was 20 years old, howev...

Q: Hi. This is more of a psychologist question that I would like help with. I have this friend that I'm really obsesse...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon