My husband has pain in his Testicles

Patient : My husband recently went to the ER with pains in his sac, the top (head) of his penis and the line I guess the vein that under his penis also he have a little pain when he ejaculate and urinate. He has a job that does alot of lifting but He said it's getting worse by the day. The doctor at the ER said it's his muscle and did a urine test which came out great from infections and bacteria but he's worried it could be something else.
Doctor :   Testicular pain and penile pain may be the result of trauma to the area, infections like epididymitis and orchitis, kidn ey stones and in rare cases testicular tumors. You have mentioned that the urine test came out negative for infections, so inftective causes can be ruled out. Regular self examination of the testicles to locate and lump of masses is helpful in the early detection of testicular cancer. If a mass is felt, a testicular ultrasound may be done. To relieve the pain, hour husband may use ice pack to the genital area, wear loose fitting undergarments and put a rolled up towed below the scrotum for support while sitting. Anti-inflammatory medication like tylenol and ibuprofen will help.

Related Q&A

Q: Hello. I have had testicular pain lasting for about a month. My doctor prescribed antibiotics, which did not help. Co...

Q: I had testicular cancer about 2 and half years ago and I've been feeling pain in my other testicle but have been chec...

Q: Hi, I got my door lock changed this morning. Since the door had some non-matching parts, this guy had to start weldin...

Q: On and off I get this weird "discomfort" in my right lower groin/testicle, it is hard to pinpoint the exact...

Q: I have little pain in my testicals for 3 days . i want to know the possible reasins for that pain.can you help me?


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon