My husband is, 39 years old, and he hasn’t had

Patient: My husband is, 39 years old, and he hasn’t had no prior medical history. But for 2 full months now, has called me several times, and very upset because, he keeps telling me that he feels something crawling on him. He also has bite mark all over his body, including, in both ears as well. Im not sure what is going on with him, but we need answers, because its so bad that he cant even sleep at night. What can we do about this?

Symptoms: Lesions on fingers, and bite marks, that are in the shape of a triangle.

My husband is, 39 years old...-1

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.As per details, it seems that your husband is sufferi ng from a condition called Delusions of parasitosis. It is characterised by feeling of infestation by insect over body and patient complains of crawling sensation with itch over body. But in actual, there is no insect on body. It is a false belief.Bite marks that you mentioned seem to be the rash produced by himself unintentionally by scratching. Or it may sometimes intentionally produced by a patient to convince others of their false belief. In such cases, counselling is the most important part of treatment.Besides this , Serotonin Selective Reuptake inhibitors are also advised.You should visit your doctor so that he can examine him properly and give the prescription. You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy