My husband is 40 yrs He is type 2 diabetic

Patient

Q: My husband is 40 yrs. He is type 2 diabetic for last 8 yrs and on oral medication. Last week at around 1pm he complained of a burning sensation in his legs (thigh down), sweating profusely and complaint of shortness of breath. There was no pain in chest or in arms. It took him 7-8 min and 1 and half glass of water to come out of this. I took his BP and it was normal. Did not take his blood sugar. I was on the phone with the nurse in the meantime. I was told by my GP that it could be low blood sugar with dehydration and stress (there was lot going on his work front just before that). I have already booked an appointment with a heart specialist next month.
I am still not sure what happened that day and could that have been a mild heart attack or stroke or something else .
Thanks.
Swati.

Doctor