My husband is a type one diabetic and has blood

Q: My husband is a type one diabetic and has blood sugar level for 357 what do i do

Welcome to ATD.Thank you for the query.

To stay well and healthy he will need insulin injections for the rest of his life. The doctor or diabetes nurse will give a lot of advice and instruction on how and when to take the insulin. Insulin is not absorbed in the gut (intestine) so it needs to be injected rather than taken as tablets. There are various types of insulin. The type or types of insulin advised will be tailored to your needs.

Take care of the following points for a healthy life ahead:
Taking insulin regularly
Carbohydrate counting
Frequent blood sugar monitoring
Eating healthy foods
Exercising regularly and maintaining a healthy weight

The goal is to keep the blood sugar level as close to normal as possible to delay or prevent complications. Although there are exceptions, generally, the goal is to keep your daytime blood sugar levels before meals between 70 and 130 mg/dL (3.9 to 7.2 mmol/L) and your after meal numbers no higher than 180 mg/dL (10 mmol/L) two hours after eating.

Hope this helps. Take care.