Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My husband is on infection med and he didnt know

My husband is on infection med and he didnt know

Patient: My husband is on infection med and he didnt know if he took his med so he took it and if he may have took two pills will he be okay

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood the history of your husband taking a double dose of medicines for in fection.- It depends what the medicines were. Your writing the medicines would have helped me more.- If this is an antibiotic, usually nothing happens as the dosage per kg body is usually variable according to the condition, meaning the dosages vary according to the disease, the condition and severity of the person, as well as the condition of the liver and kidney functions.Hence please talk to your Doctor and decide.Usually no harm is noted.I hope this answer helps you.