My husband just got back into the construction business working

Patient

Q: My husband just got back into the construction business working with concrete he has been digging a lot of the trenches himself plus drilling into cement, for couple weeks now he complaining bout both his arms hurting so bad well yesterday he can now barely even close his hands at all and he is in so much pain in his arms. What should we do ibuprofen and aleve has been taking plus arthritis cream and patches I don't know what we should do please help

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Drilling into cement gives the vibrations, transmitted to the spine in the neck area. Drilling combined with digging the trenches without exposure to such work can definitely cause the problems of painful hands. You are already giving Ibuprofen, Aleve and arthritis cream.
The basis of any treatment in such a condition is to remove the cause.
Hence he has to take off the work or find some other work. If there is no removal of the instigating factors the person will continue to get the problems or in fact increase it.
To take Ibuprofen at 8 hourly duration.

If there is no relief within a few days of rest and medication, consult an Orthopedic surgeon for clinical evaluation, physical examination, investigations if required and get a prescription based treatment.

I hope this answers your query.