Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My husband lacks vitamin D and effect on my pregnancy

My husband lacks vitamin D and effect on my pregnancy

Patient: Dear Doctor,Im 21 years old girl and itz been 1 year since i got married. And not pregnant yet. My husband had a body pain since last 3-4 months and recently the doctors found that he is lacking vitamin D in his body. And it has reduced up to 8. So I wanna know wether this issue will affect me in getting pregnant.

Symptoms: No symptoms

Doctor: Hello,thanks for contacting askthedoctor.comVitamin D per se has no role in sperm production or ascertaining its quality , so it has no bearing on your chances of getting pregnant . But lack of vitamin d can cause decreased bone calcium and intestinal absorption leading to generalized bone ache and body ache which may hamper the mood or the libido.So it does have an indirect bearing .But if you have no menstrual complaints and have been ovulating regularly , there are high probability that you can conceive naturally.