My husband says everytime he touches something with right hand it feels hot

Patient : My husband has been complaining everytime he picks something up with his right hand and or touches something ex. the streering wheel it feels hot....hes been complaing that he feels like there is something in his hand like a splinter or something...what could be wrong and why does everything he grab and or touch feel hot?
Symptoms:  sharp pain in right hand that radiates and everytime he touches and or grabs something with right hand it feels hot