Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My husband started s new job he now has a

My husband started s new job he now has a

Patient: My husband started s new job he now has a rash from his sleeves to his finger tips what can he do for the itching and pain?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.It could be a rash that has developed due to a sudden allergy. An insect bite, exposure to chemicals, food allergy, exposure to pets, mites and fumes can all trigger a rash.Kindly ask him to take a citrezene tablet and also apply calamine lotion over the area.This is only symptomatic treatment. Kindly see a physician soon to find out the cause that has triggered the rash. Also, you may ned to take a few injections like hydrocortisone and chlorpheniramine maleate in case the rash does not subside or you develop wheeze, angioedema, severe itching, etc.Hope this helped.Regards