My husband was just in mexico with his sick father

Patient

Q: My husband was just in mexico with his sick father who had menengitis and past away from it a week ago my husband is now experiencing headaches vomiting sleeplessness diarrhea his neck feels stiff his feet are aching and he feels confusion and very tired. . What could it be or what should I do

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

The very history of your husband staring with his father who passed away with meningitis and now has the symptoms of headaches vomiting sleeplessness diarrhea his neck feels stiff his feet are aching and he feels confusion and very tired indicate a possibility of viral infection.
I would advise you to take him to the ER o your PCP for clinical evaluation, investigations and treatment .
He needs to be admitted and evaluated and treated unless proved otherwise .

I hope this answer helps you.