My IgM blood score is low 32 whereas IgG and

Patient : My IgM blood score is low 32 whereas IgG and IgA are normal.What could be the reason?
Doctor :   Hello Thanks for the query Immunoglobulins (Ig) are of several types. IgA, M,G, etc. Each Ig has a special role i n fighting infections. Low IgM levels can be seen transiently after a bout of infection which recovers spontaneously. Most patients with low IgM of lower degree are asymptomatic and lead a normal life. Severe deficiency is usually congenital and in these infants, there is increased risk of bacterial infection. I recommend that you repeat the test once again after 6 weeks, if it remains persistently low then I suggest you get immunised against pneumococcus and influenza to prevent life-threatening infections. I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries or doubts please get back to me Regards

Patient: I have diabetes type 2 diagnosed 7 months back ,could it be the reason,as Blood total proteins levels are also in norms.
Doctor: Hello
Thanks for getting back

Diabetes is not a known cause for low IgM levels.

Patient: HELLO, I HAVE GOT SYMPTOMS OF PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY, I AM DIABETIC BUT WITH VERY GOOD CONTROL.JUST GOT MY NEUROGRAPHY REPORT AND NO POLYNEUROPATHIES FOR HAND AND FEET NERVES. IT SHOWS LIGHT SEGMANTAL DEMYELINATION OF MEDIAN NERVE OF CARPEL TUNNEL.WHAT COULD BE THE REASON?