My insurance switched me from Trinessa Birth Control to Tri-Linyah

Patient

Q: My insurance switched me from Trinessa Birth Control to Tri-Linyah after 9 months of Trinessa. I'm a Sunday starter on my birth control. I had my period this week and will be starting a new pack of birth control pills tomorrow. Is it okay to have sex without a condom within the first week of a new pack? Or do we need to use a condom? (We rarely use condoms because of birth control but also when we have sex he pulls out before he ejaculates)

Doctor

A:   Hi,

As both Trinessa and Tri-Linyah pills contain same hormones, norgestimate and Ethinyl estradiol with same dosages, and as you are starting the next pack without delay, the contraception will be continued.
And you may not need any additional protection.

Take care.