My knee hurts

Patient

Q: My knee hurts

Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.

It would have been better if you had provided us details that how the pain started. It was traumatic or spontaneous.
Most commonly knee pain at your age is traumatic. It can be due to Muscular injury or from Knee ligament tear.
In such scenario, I would advise you to get MRI of Knee joint done. Also, you should get your Serum Calcium and Vitamin D levels.
For knee pain, I would advise you to do knee and quadriceps strengthening exercises which will strengthen your quadriceps muscles and will give support to your knee joint. Along with this, you should do hot fomentation of the knee.Apply diclofenac ointment locally if you have severe pain.
If any ligament injury is found on clinical examination and MRI, you would require to get arthoscopic repair of the ligament done.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy