My knees, ankles, wrists and fingers ache.

Patient : Hi, I am a 55 year old female and my knees, ankles, wrists and fingers ache. What do you think is the problem and what can I do to help the symptoms. I am currently trying calcium, glucosamine and centrum for women 50+. Thank you
Symptoms:  My knees, ankles, wrists and fingers ache.
Doctor :   Thank you for contacting ask the doctor. Multiple joint pain can have various reasons like: - osteoarthritis ( most l ikely according to your age) - ankylosing spondylitis ( presence of stiffness which improves with activity) - infective endocarditis ( systemic symptoms of fever, rash weight loss, night sweats , heart murmur) - reactive arthritis or crystal induced arthritis ( gout) I recommend a visit to a physician and stopping all the over the counter self medications. The physician would recommend x rays, blood cultures, echo, MRI or CT depending upon the clinical suspicion after physical examination. Hope this information was useful.