Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My knukle hurts whenever i try to move it i

My knukle hurts whenever i try to move it i

Patient: My knukle hurts whenever i try to move it i feel sharp pains also. I searched it up online and its called boxers knukle. i have not visited a docter yet. What should i do now?. What will a docter do if i see him/her?

Symptoms: Sharp pains

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.A boxer’s knuckle is an injury of the tendon of the middle finger usually. The treatmen t of this is simple RICE. RICE stands for Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation.Rest the joint and avoid boxing or unnecessary strain of the handIce the are for 15 mins at time every hour 5 times a dayCompress the area by using a crepe bandageElevate the hand by placing it on top of 2 pillows to allow the blood to flow back to the heartIf the pain and swelling does not go down in 3 days, please see a Doctor.All the best