October 24, 2018

My last menstrual flow was on Jan 27 2015 I

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My last menstrual flow was on Jan 27 2015 I

Patient: My last menstrual flow was on Jan. 27 2015. I had sex with my BF on Feb. 19 the same year. will i get pregnant? My cycle length is 30 days

Doctor: If you have unprotected intercourse during the fertile period of your cycle i.e around the time of ovulation, chances t hat you could be pregnant are high. However like most natural methods this is a rough estimate and is not very reliable. Enough cannot be said about the benefits of contraception in such situations in avoiding unwanted stress.There is no use making any prognostications now. The best option out is to wait till the date of your next expected period and then to take a home pregnancy test. . Home pregnancy tests work by detecting the presence of the pregnancy hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) in a woman’s urine. Specifics may vary for each pregnancy test, so read the instructions on the pack carefully. Be careful to note the method of collecting the urine, the length of time you need to urinate on the stick for and the symbols used to indicate whether you’re pregnant or not.I am sure you shall be able to take the test yourself without any hassles with the above information. Hope that you have gotten away this time and have learned a valuable lesson for the future.

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No