Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My last month period date was january 02, 2015 I

My last month period date was january 02, 2015 I

Patient: My last month period date was january 02, 2015. I just found out today that i am pregnant when i tested with a home pregnancy kit. I want to know it it is safe to take abortion pills at home? What are the risks?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.No, it is definitely not safe to attempt an abortion at home without medical supervision. The risks include severe bleeding per vagina due to uterine rupture, shock due to blood loss, incomplete abortion, severe pain abdomen, sepsis which can be life threatening.Consult a gynecologist and get an examination done, you may have to undergo a scan to confirm an intrauterine pregnancy.Discuss the options of termination with your doctor.Hope this helped.Regards