Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My last period was in march on the 28 and

My last period was in march on the 28 and

Patient: My last period was in march on the 28 and i didn’t get it in april which i thought was normal because i skip a month or two sometimes. But i have been spotting for 9 days on and off. This has never happened before and I know im not pregnant because im a virgin and im getting worried. It is not dark red its light pink.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Irregular cycles can be due to many reasons. Polycystic ovaries, thyroid abnormalities, anemia, hormonal imbalance, liver dysfunction, etc.You will have to consult a gynecologist for an examination and investigations. An ultrasound along with a few blood and hormonal tests may be needed to come to a conclusion. The doctor will treat you accordingly based on the diagnosis.Hope this helped.Regards