Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My last period was jan302015 Lasted 3 days I’ve not taken pills. i have pinkish brown discharge.

My last period was jan302015 Lasted 3 days I’ve not taken pills. i have pinkish brown discharge.

Patient: My last period was jan302015. Lasted 3 days . I’ve been off my birth control pills for 3 days . For 2 days I have light pink brown discharge on my underwear in the morning but throughout the day I have nothing. I’ve had unprotected sex because we want our second child . What can this mean?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.If you have stopped your birth control pills recently, the ble eding you had could be withdrawal bleeding.Usually withdrawal bleeding could be lighter than usual periods.Sometimes spotting can be seen after bleeding for few days.After stopping pills, it will take some time for recurrence of ovulation.If you are having doubt regarding pregnancy, please go for urine pregnancy test once.If test gives negative result, track your ovulation in the next cycle and plan intercourse around that period, which will increase the possibility of pregnancy.Take care.