My left foot feels as though a muscle has been

Q: My left foot feels as though a muscle has been strained or pulled. It feels like when your foot cramps up and if you stretch your toes you can work it out in like 30 seconds except this had lasted 3 days. I'm able to hobble around with mild pain but I'm not sure on how to unknot or attend to whatever's going on.

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

It seems that you have a muscle strain or a ligament tear. There are types of ligament tears which range from mild to severe. Severe tears can prevent you from walking and you may need to see a Doctor to get operated and treat it. If you are able to walk without severe pain, you are fine. Here are a few things you can do:

Rest the leg muscle and do not run or do strenuous activity
Ice the leg for 15 mins at a time.
Compress the leg with crepe bandage to prevent swelling
Elevate the leg with 2 pillows to allow blood flow back to the heart
Use Paracetamol/Brufen to reduce the swelling
Stretch and massage gently

If the pain doesn't reduce after 3 days, please see a Doctor. I hope this helps you. All the best.