My left foot feels as though a muscle has been

Patient: My left foot feels as though a muscle has been strained or pulled. It feels like when your foot cramps up and if you stretch your toes you can work it out in like 30 seconds except this had lasted 3 days. I’m able to hobble around with mild pain but I’m not sure on how to unknot or attend to whatever’s going on.

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.It seems that you have a muscle strain or a ligament tear. There are types of ligament t ears which range from mild to severe. Severe tears can prevent you from walking and you may need to see a Doctor to get operated and treat it. If you are able to walk without severe pain, you are fine. Here are a few things you can do:Rest the leg muscle and do not run or do strenuous activityIce the leg for 15 mins at a time.Compress the leg with crepe bandage to prevent swellingElevate the leg with 2 pillows to allow blood flow back to the heartUse Paracetamol/Brufen to reduce the swellingStretch and massage gentlyIf the pain doesn’t reduce after 3 days, please see a Doctor. I hope this helps you. All the best.