My left foot is swollen for no apparent reason

Patient : My left foot is swollen for no apparent reason and it's been that way for over a week and I am Not sure what to do about it.
Doctor :   Hello, Welcome to ATD. Thank you for the query. Unilateral leg edema is generally due to a local cause such as all ergic reaction, deep vein thrombosis, venous insufficiency, or lymphedema. Most patients over age 50 with leg edema have venous insufficiency, but if the etiology is unclear, a short list of laboratory tests will help rule out systemic disease: complete blood count, urinalysis, electrolytes, creatinine, blood sugar, thyroid-stimulating hormone, and albumin. A serum albumin below 2 g/dL often leads to edema and can be caused by liver disease, nephrotic syndrome, or protein-losing enteropathy.Additional tests are indicated depending on the clinical presentation. Hope this helps. Take care.