Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My left forearm itches at nite Happens in the spring

My left forearm itches at nite Happens in the spring

Patient: My left forearm itches at nite. Happens in the spring. Started last spring after moving to a rural area near Fallbrook ca. What could cause this ? Insect? Dust mites? Only left fore arm, no other part of body.

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.As per details, there are following possibilities for your symptoms :1 ) Urticaria – it is characterised by red colored itchy transient eruptions over body. It can be caused by allergy to recent infection, any food, seasonal change, drugs, pollen grains etc.2)Scabies – it is caused by Sarcoptes scabei var hominis. It is a communicable disease which causes intense itch over body.I will advise you to visit your doctor so that he can do physical examination and advise you accordingly.You can share my opinion with him.Treatment depends on the diagnosis.I hope it helps.Stay healthy