Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My left forearm itches at nite, started after o moved

My left forearm itches at nite, started after o moved

Patient: My left forearm itches at nite, started after o moved to a rural area near Fallbrook ca . .What could be causing it

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.As per details, the most likely possibility for your symptoms is a condition of skin called Scabies. It is caused by Sarcoptes scabei var hominis.It is a communicable disease which may be transmitted by skin to skin contact, through fomites.In such cases, I prefer to advise topical application of permethrin over body from.neck to.toe.You can take antihistaminics like levocetirizine for symptomatic relief.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy