My left knee is slightly swollen (barely noticeable) When I

Patient

Q: My left knee is slightly swollen (barely noticeable). When I get up after awhile of sitting down I limp as I try walking, I feel pain when I try straighting out my leg (the pain is on the back of the knee as if I was pulling my muscles apart), when I'm walking for more than 15 minutes I start feeling pain in my knee, and during the morning and night when I'm laying down I get the most pain on the sides of the knee bone. I've went to the doctor last week and she claimed I probably sprained my knee even though I did not hit or twisted my knee at all. I'm constantly laying down or sitting throughout the day everyday. I hardly do any walking either. What can be the cause of this? Thank you.

Symptoms:  Most of the knee pain is on the sides (the small oval shaped circles).
My left knee is slightly sw...-1
Doctor