Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My leg restlessness and weakness

My leg restlessness and weakness

Patient: My leg has been restless and weak lately and it makes it abit hard to walk

Symptoms: Restless legs, hard to walk

Doctor: Hello,The symptom of restlessness of lower limbs in atheletic training is usually asssociated with electrolyte loss i n terms of sodium and chloride ions which are required for proper functioning of muscles.It is advised that you may increase the intake of water and take an oral re-hydration solution satchel , issued by WHO , which has all the ions to replenish and treat electrolyte imbalance.Maintain a water intake of 5-6 liters per day and if ORS is not available you can use a pinch of salt and one tablespoon of sugar in 250ml of plain water , that would serve as indigenous ORS solution.I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health ,regards