Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My legs, neck, lower back, biceps and forearms, shoulder blades hurt

My legs, neck, lower back, biceps and forearms, shoulder blades hurt

Patient: My legs, neck, lower back, biceps and forearms, shoulder blades hurt

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.You seem to be having a muscular spa sm related pain, secondary to working out.Such pain is common after the initial few days of workouts or when switching to a higher weight regimen.Do not be stressed as this is common, you can take Tab. Advil 2-3 times daily every 6 hours for 3-5 days depending on the pain severity.It will gradually subside. You may need to avoid further exercise or working out as of now. Let your muscles heal. Recovery is very important and muscle fatigue can cause severe pain in between workouts.So please do not strain further and take the medicine as prescribed.Hope this was helpful.Regards.