My lower right neck and shoulder is in pain I

Patient : My lower right neck and shoulder is in pain I was sitting down and then it hurts badly please help
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. I think that you have a soft tissue injury of the neck. This is an injury that occurs wh en you have strained something or moved it beyond the range of motion. You can try RICE to help you: Rest the neck. Do not strain it too much. Ice the neck for 15 mins at a time every hour Compress the neck using a neck brace but do not tie it too tightly Elevate the neck by sleeping on top of 2 pillows If the pain does not reduce in 5 days, please see a Doctor. All the best. Hope this helps you.