Ask The Doctor > Pending > My menstrual cycle have been getting longer and longer each

My menstrual cycle have been getting longer and longer each

Patient: My menstrual cycle have been getting longer and longer each month, the only time they were regular was when I was on birth control. My current cycle is 35 days and late of 3 days I have took a pregnancy test and it came up negative. Could I still be testing to early or is it indeed negative and with my longer than usual cycles mean I am not ovulating like I should. I plan on going to the doctor to get back on birth control to regulate my cycles again. I should also mention last February early March I had an ectopic that resulted in my left tube being removed. They put me on one shot of deposit and I didn’t get a cycle until I went to the doctor in September to get on the pill to start my period up. So is my body just taking a while to get caught up or is there something more serious going on. I would love to get pregnant but scared it won’t happen because of the missing tube. Please any insight would be helpful. Thanks

Doctor: