Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My mother 68 diabetic insulin dependent Had a small cut

My mother 68 diabetic insulin dependent Had a small cut

Patient: My mother 68 diabetic insulin dependent. Had a small cut very small cut with a razor blade. Does she be given TT injection.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Yes, she should get the TT as diabet ics are very prone to infections.Even though there is a very little chance of her actually developing an infection, it is better to take the safety measures.But the process has to be completed within 24 hours. If it is already too late, then you can ignore the cut. In 99 % of the cases, no infection will develop.Hope this was helpful,Regards