My mother in law has a ball shape thing on

Patient : My mother in law has a ball shape thing on her back far left side and she complains that it hurts most of the time but she is scared to go see a doctor for the fact that it may be something really bad please help mer
Symptoms:  N/a
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. I think that she has a simple cyst. The treatment of the cyst will be to remove it by do ing incision and drainage. Incision and drainage will help. Also, antibiotic cover will be needed to prevent the infection from spreading. Also, it will allow for the treatment. Hope this helps you.

Comments / Follow Ups

Patient: Thank you for your help

Related Q&A

Q: I am a 31yr Male I have been exercising heavily on the treadmill a week and received a rash on the right side of my g...

Q: About 5 days ago i noticed a small lump on my right labia minora - almost as if a vein was a bit inflammed. At the to...

Q: I'm a 28 year old male and I have a small red bump on my leg just below the knee. It's fairly hard and smooth and shi...

Q: I have a small pea size lump on my right chest not far down from my collarbone. Went to doctors and she has said its...

Q: My daughter had a cyst on the fallopian tube which was deflated and cauterised as it had only fluid during her d and ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon