Ask The Doctor > Pending > My mother who doesn’t know how to read accidently gave

My mother who doesn’t know how to read accidently gave

Patient: My mother who doesn’t know how to read accidently gave the wrong ear drops to my 9 month old baby. My baby had some ear wax so we were advised to use olive oil ear drops before in the past, my mother had thought she was using that but instead she used the wrong drops which was Genticin Ear Drops and the date had expired last year as well, this was prescribe for my mother the year before. When she had realised it was the wrong one she did try to take the liquid out with a cotton bud but not much came out. I am really worried if this will affect my baby in any way, or her hearing especially as the effects is hearing loss. Please do help me. Thanks.

Doctor: