My mother's tailbone

Patient

Q: Good day

(before continuing, I bring to your attention that English is not my mother language, so please excuse any mistakes I may make)

I'm asking a question on the behalf of my 43-year old mother. Back in December 2010 she had a gastric bypass surgery, which went sucessfully. She has lost about 40 kilograms since then, and then underwent liposuction centered on her thighs and abdomen in July 2012, which was also successful.

My question regarding this is due to some severe pains she is experiencing now. When she sits in certain positions, moves while sitting, or is simply lying down, she feels a horrible ache in her tailbone. Both of us have felt the area, and the first thing I noticed, is that the tailbone is completely bare under her skin. There is no...padding there to speak of. The second thing I noticed, is that her tailbone appeared to be extremely blunt - I could cover the flat part with four of my fingers. My mother also said that she could almost feel around the bone, around the edges if you get my meaning.

Thus, my question sums down to this; is there something to be done about this? It worries me greatly.

Thank you for your time

Doctor