My MRI report summary shows Early lumbar spondylosis with degenerative disc

Patient: My MRI report summary showsEarly lumbar spondylosis with degenerative disc disease L5s1Posterior disc protrusion at L5/S1 with effacement of anterior epidural fatEarly cervical spondylosis with degenerative disc diseaseNormal B/L SI & hip jointsI have pain in my hips & back some times also in legsIs it a major problem

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood your problems.MRI Shows:Early lumbar spondylosisDegenerative d isc disease L5- S1 with posterior disc protrusion at L5-S1 and effacement of anterior epidural fat.Early cervical spondylosis with degenerative disc disease.Normal B/L SI means Sacro-iliac joint and normal hip joints > this may not be the reason for the pains you have in your hips & back.The pains may be due to local muscle spasms.Pain in the legs can be due to nerve compression in the spine.This is not a very major problem.I hope this answers your query.