My nephew has Scarlett fever He's on antibiotics and taking

Patient : My nephew has Scarlett fever. He's on antibiotics and taking Benadryl, but the itching is still unbearable. IA there anything I can buy to alleviate his itching?
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. Benadryl won't really help w ith the itching especially if it is Scarlett fever. Rather an antihistaminic like Levocetirizine would have been more helpful. I will advise you Tab. Loratadine, which is better compared to both Benadryl and levocetirizine, and will reduce the itching. Hope this was helpful, Regards