My newborn heart result came as follows : Tiny patent ductus

Patient

Q: My newborn heart result came as follows :
Tiny patent ductus arteriosus
Mild arch hypoplasia without discreet coarctation at the present time
Patent foramen ovale
Good bioventricular functio
Normal newborn anatomy
Should i be worried

Doctor

A:   Thanks for consulting ATD.

Normally, functional closure of the ductus arteriosus occurs by about 15 hours of life in healthy infants born at term. Although functional closure usually occurs in the first few hours of life, true anatomic closure, in which the ductus loses the ability to reopen, may take several weeks. Patency after 3 months is considered abnormal, and treatment should be considered at this juncture. PFO should close by 1 year; if it is open after that, should be considered for closure. If your baby has symptoms and signs like bluish discoloration, respiratory distress, etc., it is an emergency situation. Consult cardiologist for further advice.

Hope this helps.