My niece is 19 days old and she has ASD

Patient : My niece is 19 days old and she has a ostium secundum ASD. is this something to worry about? Please advice.
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting ATD. An ostium secundum atrial septal defect is an abnormally large opening in the atrial septu m at the site of the foramen ovale and the ostium secundum. he condition is present from birth (congenital). Small atrial septal defects may close on their own during infancy or early childhood. Small defects may never cause a problem and may be found incidentally; where as large defects may lead to heart failure. If she has any symptoms like difficulty breathing, bluish discoloration of body, edema, consult cardiologist for further treatment. Have a nice day.