My nipple began to get very sensitive almost a week

Patient

Q: My nipple began to get very sensitive almost a week ago. They've gotten a yellowish white cover on them now. And hurt every time they are touched. What could this be? I thought it was thrush at first and have used antifungal on it for two days. It has not gotten better.

A pic: http://i59.tinypic.com/15oh5hy.jpg

Symptoms:  Redness, yellow on nipple, sensitivity, sharp pain when touched
Doctor

On reading your detailed history and reviewing the image attached along with the query, we are of the opinion that it could be an acute inflammation of the breast tissue. It is called mastitis and hurts a lot. Redness, warmth and tenderness are the features.
Consult a surgeon for an examination and specific investigations like blood tests to diagnose the condition. You will need a course of antibiotics and anti inflammatory medications.

Hope this helped.