Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My normal vaginal fluid has became thicker than normal, ther

My normal vaginal fluid has became thicker than normal, ther

Patient: My normal vaginal fluid has became thicker than normal, there is no odor or other symptoms that i am aware of..

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Thickened vaginal discharge can be seen in conditions like second half of the menstrual cycle under the influence of hormone progesterone, due to uses of hormonal contraceptive measures etc.As there is no odor or other symptoms the possibility of infection is less. And may not need intervention.If you develop any associated symptoms like pain, burning, foul smell etc, better to consult your doctor and get evaluated.Take care.